"My Succulent Discoveries of Art, Life, Creativity, Procrastination & More all by Accident"

... although I'm no Accident.....
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13~16

Friday, August 1, 2008

Da da verses Mmmma ma!


So my Little "big" Bundle of Cash has been saying "Da da" for quite some time now. Since about 5months! He began eating solids around 6 mths. Began crawling at 8 months and now at LAST at 9mths, he has started saying Mama mmmmama! I was so excited.


However I've noticed that when he is hungry, tired or simply irritable he says mmmmama mmmama, (especially if he wants me to pick him up and snuggle with him)


BUT when he wants to play and be silly he of course says...what???? That's right Da da!


Isn't that a hoot? Babies seem to know who God designed to comfort & nurture them "best" verses who is "fun"! Don't get me wrong... I'm not implying that Daddy's can't comfort or nurture and Mommy's can't be fun and play, but it seems ( in my house anyway) that dada is the fun, crazy parent and I'm the nurturer and primary caregiver.


I tend to focus more on teaching Cash on how to feed himself, simple signs, play with his toys, read with him and talk to him about various things. Daddy tends to chase him around the house (as he is crawling) play hide n seek and play with his toys (but in a much different way than I do) and make all kind of boy/elephant spitting sounds!


I, of course chase Cash around the house and play, silly play... too, but Cash seems to enjoy it much more with DaDa!


Dada helps with feeding him, simple signing with him, bath time, diaper changing, bedtime, etc but Cash seems to respond better when I'm the one helping him with these things.


It's interesting that even at the young age of 9months he has already determined what he likes and with who!






2 comments:

The Tooley Times said...

AWWWW...Cash is just NOT a baby anymore! Makes me kinda sad. But you know what that means...time for more! Love ya.

Susie said...

My kids still tell me all the time, "Sorry Mom, but Dad is way more fun!"

I love it that way. Guess who they want when they are sick or hurt? Me, of course.

Cash is a very blessed baby to have such great parents!