"My Succulent Discoveries of Art, Life, Creativity, Procrastination & More all by Accident"

... although I'm no Accident.....
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13~16

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AHA! New Uses for Old Things

I love reading the magazine Real Simple! It is just so fun!!

One of my favorite sections to read is Solutions/ New Uses for Old Things...

Here are a few of my AHA! Uses:

1) BABY STROLLER:


Original purpose: Transporting Baby to events, outings, and more! Keeps hands free and baby happy!


AHA! Use: While shopping (which 1st time mom hasn't done in a while like 9months or so) it's a great shopping cart for clothes! Your hands are free to shop and you can pile up the clothes so you only have 1 visit to the dressing room. And if your blessed (like me) baby sleeps through most of the shopping!





2) BABY WIPES:


Original Purpose: Wiping up baby poo & other yucky stuff!

AHA! USE: Wiping off paint drips while painting on the wall! Since I love to paint, especially wall murals this is something I discovered that works better than paper towels!


These are a few of the murals I've painted... some on my own some with another artist.

My step daughter's room & Children's Areas in a local church not my church


Baby Cash's Room (of course it's not finished yet)


Or you can go here! Just about everything in the Children's Areas at Bay Area Fellowship I've painted or helped paint!(except the long beach mural & stork) And I was pregnant with Baby Cash at the time!
And I used baby wipes on all those walls! To wipe up paint drips and wipe away mess ups!
3) Panty Liners:
Original Purpose: To protect undergarments from blood stains!
Aha! Use: To protect back of heel from rubbing the back of those CUTE shoes you just had to buy! Which relieves the OUCH! Simply peel and stick! And if you use the scented ones ... it keeps your shoes from smelling stinky!!


I like carefree orginal longs. Simply peel and stick! And as you can see .. you can't see it once you are wearing the shoe!!



WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR AHA! USES FOR OLD THINGS? PLEASE SHARE!!

3 comments:

Susie said...

I miss having baby wipes in the house. I used them for every little spill and quick clean up. Love the murals!

DeeDee said...

You are SO talented! Not that I didn't know that already, but really...SO TALENTED!!! I miss you around the office. :)

DeeDee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.