"My Succulent Discoveries of Art, Life, Creativity, Procrastination & More all by Accident"

... although I'm no Accident.....
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13~16

Monday, September 8, 2008

"Summer is Over... School Has Begun!"

As I embark on my 3rd week.... back to my 10th year in teaching... after taking 3 years off... working at the church... I must say... Summer is over, and school has begun!

God has blessed me this year. I was blessed with a new boss, "that rocks" last September, and once Baby Cash came... I was blessed even more by having the opportunity and the blessing of my boss... to take Cash to work with me since I was "nursing" him.

January '08 through July 2, '08, I worked full time with a baby attached to my hip...
I loved working with kids... and teaching them about Jesus.

I decided to go back into teaching for various reasons... financial, insurance... retirement... etc
But the main reason is because of the schedule... teaching has a great schedule for moms... especially once your kids are of school age.

God blessed me again... by allowing my sister and brother in-law to move back to Corpus... and my sweet baby spends his days with my sweet sister... his aunt..
he does great with her and loves to hang out with her and the puppies... she taught him to say puppy... he says... puuup pu

he takes two naps each day and hangs with dad from about 7 to 9am, since i leave so early...
for school.. I don't feel as though i miss so much since he naps for a total of 4 hours almost everyday at my sister's house... 2 two hour naps.... when i think about it like that... he's only awake about 4 hours (without me)... of the 8 hours i'm away from him...

What a blessing! He can be with family, though!

I am excited to share... that God has blessed me even more... with a great school and staff to work with and teach with.. I have several fellow teachers and staff that I have taught with at a former school that are now with me at my new school.. and I am so blessed to have them...

even moreso.... I am blessed with great class... well two awesome classes
I teach math/science to 4th graders...
and I love it...

God really wired me up to be a teacher... and I'm embracing this.

I miss my baby... but teaching makes me cherish my time with him even more.

I know all you parent's are happily shouting from the rooftops...
"summer is over... school has begun"

But I'm happy (even as a teacher) that school has begun... too
it's already taught me so many lessons...


"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."Psalm 127:3

"Train up a child in the way he should go... and when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6

7 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

yea!!! I'm so happy for you! A happy mom makes a happy baby and a happy husband as well. You are in your element and I'm so proud of you. You are a great teacher!!! You have taught my daughter well!!!

elisa said...

I'm so happy for you that you love your new class and being back in the classroom! Think about you often.
elisa

Sohl Gal said...

I'm so glad to hear that school's going well. I miss baby Cash. Can't believe he'll be the big 1 soon!

DeeDee said...

So glad it's going well! We do miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was so happy to see you today. We all miss you and Baby Cash. I am happy it is going great for you at school. We are truly blessed.

Susie said...

So proud of you Wimberley! You are such an awesome teacher, and Baby Cash will be so blessed having a mama who loves him no matter if she's working inside or outside of the home. You can do it all with God's strength and His wisdon(:

DA Wagners said...

You go girl! Teaching was very hard on me, but I did learn a lot. I'm so glad that God brought your sister down so that (among other things) she could care for Cash while you teach. I love how things work out!